Newest update June 12 2020 (Gym added at the bottom)
Dear NBTC Members,
It’s been great seeing all of you enjoying tennis and swimming here at the club. We are pleased to report that the County of Orange has authorized certain businesses like ours to extend the reopening to offer additional member services and amenities. The most significant impact for NBTC is to permit inside-dining under conditions that help to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
As we move forward, its imperative that we all practice social distancing while on club grounds, by maintaining 6 feet separation and by avoiding moving tables or chairs together to form groups. Please find the highlighted changes below.
It’s good to be back!
Before reopening, all businesses were requested to complete the following actions, which NBTC has now completed:
1. Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a specific protection plan.
2. Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them.
3. Implement individual control measures and screenings.
4. Implement disinfecting protocols.
5. Implement physical distancing guidance
• Main entry of club will reopen on Thursday, 5/28
• Inside Dining is now permitted with conditions whole sit down bar access still closed
• Facility Hours will stay the same:
• Swim- M-F 6:30 am-8pm, Sa-Sun 6:30 am-6pm
• Tennis: M-F 8 am-8pm, Sa-Sun 8 am-6pm
• Masks are strongly recommended to enter the facility
• Showers are now available for use in pool restrooms and main locker room
• For pool and lobby restrooms: please limit 2 people at one time
• Grip n Rip is ongoing using the back courts & entering/exiting through back of court 2
• Doors and windows in clubhouse to remain open to reduce touch points and provide fresh air circulation.
• Junior Swim is cancelled for the summer, & Grip n Rip Junior Summer Camp will not use the swimming pool this year
• All children under 15 must sign a waiver with the front desk
Many of you have enjoyed our outdoor dining options on our terrace and backyard garden. We are excited to extend to inside dining. Our Takeout business with curbside service has been steady, so we thank all members for utilizing this service. You may order takeout by calling 949 644 0437 or visiting the Grab n Go area at the main bar during business hours below.
• Restaurant hours(please note new hours)
• 11:00 am – 8:00 pm weekdays
• 8:00 am – 6:00 pm weekends
• Take out hours order at main bar or by phone call 949-644-0437 (curbside available)
• 10:00 am – 7:30 pm weekdays
• 8:00 am – 5:30 pm weekends.
• We ask patrons to please not move any dining tables or chairs
• RSVP tables in dining room, pool or terrace by calling club line 949 644 0437
• Court #1 Grab n Go will open during peak tennis sessions & special events.
• A safety screen is installed in our main bar
• Taco Tuesday will resume on 6/2 with ordering from tables
• REMINDER: Our full menu is available to on site dining or takeout!
Court reservations can be made up to one week in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 949 759-6200. No in person reservations will be made.
• Doubles will take precedent during prime time
• Court times are 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm and 6:00PM. (The last court time for Saturday and Sunday will be 4pm)
• Pro shop hours are 8am-8pm M-F & 8am-4:30 weekend.
• Pro shop will still be closed to member traffic
• Merchandise and stringing to be provided on site by pro shop owner Mark or by calling (714) 335-3564
• Margarita Challenge will start up on 5/29 and only be for members
• Mondays Singles Ladder is ongoing
• All players names must be provided for reservation, no exceptions.
• All members should arrive 10 minutes prior to match play
• No walk on matches still at this time
• Please Bring your own water as drinking fountains will be turned off.
• Tennis Balls can be purchased through Mark prior to matches. Members who forget balls can purchase
• Ball machine reservations are for one hour and can be booked at the following times: 8/10/12/2/4/6
• Pro lessons and drills available. Maximum players for lesson and drills is six on a court
• Pro lessons can be arranged directly with authorized NBTC pros
• Please limit your time in Men’s and ladies locker rooms
Members Update – Use of Pool 6-6-2020
It’s been great to see so many of you enjoying our tennis, swim and dining facilities safely here at the Newport Beach Tennis Club recently!
The following update to our member guidelines and operating rules is provided to clarify safety protocols and rules associated with use of the club swimming pool and deck area. The guidelines and operating rules are effective Sunday June 7, 2020.
A reminder that Pool hours are 6:30 am to 7:30 pm Monday-Friday and 6:30 am to 6:00 pm on weekends. From 6:30 am to 12:00 pm, pool use is limited ONLY to lap swimming/water exercise by adults/youth at least 15 years old. From 12-close, family swim is also available.
We thank you all for adhering to our guidelines and please reply to this email with any questions.
1. Pool use is limited due to COVID-19 heath safety requirements. All members are required to maintain social distancing unless they are with family members residing together.
2. Members are NOT to come to club and use pool if they are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 virus. Club retains rights to refuse service to anyone appearing to have symptoms.
3. Guests are NOT permitted to use the pool at this time unless member participated in April’s voluntary dues program and has remaining guest passes. (a list of remaining guest passes will be maintained by our front desk)
4. All youth under 15 years of age require a “Waiver of Liability and Permission to Participate” form signed by a parent or guardian to use the pool, including infants.
5. Youth under 15 years of age must be attended to by parent/guardian at all times
6. Wearing a face covering or face mask is recommended when entering or leaving the club, or when using restroom facilities.
7. Pool restroom and changing room is limited to maximum of two people at a time.
8. We ask members to please do not move dining tables and chairs. If a family unit requires additional chairs at a table, please ask a waiter to assist you.
9. Sitting at pool dining tables requires order of food. Please do not use as waiting for a pool lane to become available or to store property, equipment, strollers, towels, purse, carry-all bags, or other personal items.
10. Proper manners, language and behavior is required when using pool, chairs or pool sunning area or grass area.
11. Parental control of children must be maintained at all times.
1. Lap Swimming or Water Exercise ONLY is from 6:30 am to noon daily. You must be 15 years of age or older.
2. Family swim time is from 12-close daily. Lane 5 and 6 will not have a divider for family swim. Parents and young child are asked to use this area. Please maintain social distance.
3. Individual water aerobics and pool exercise can be conducted by up to 3 users in one lane with minimum 6 ft separation.
4. Lap swimming and exercise use of a lane are limited to 45 minutes. Family swim area is open for more than 45 minutes as long as separation can occur.
5. Hanging on lane lines, crossing over lanes is not permitted. . It is the parent’s responsibility to control behavior, noise, safety, and social distancing.
6. Waiting Chairs for lanes are available behind each lane. Please do not use poolside dining tables to wait for lanes
7. Please do not hang out around pool steps inside pool.
8. Pool lounge areas are designated on deck and grass areas on a first come first served with no time limit.
9. Members cannot leave pool area and reserve chair of lounge with towel or personal item.
10. Towels should be used on chairs. Chairs will be sanitized regularly by club staff
GYM OPEN 6/12/2020 @ 7:30am
NBTC is pleased to report that our gym will open on June 12th with some modifications based on state guidelines (listed below). NBTC has created a “safe reopening plan” which is required in order to resume gym operations.
We remind you to please practice social distancing while on clubs grounds at all times, and we strongly encourage you to wear a mask. Moving forward, our gym will have the same hours of the pool.
1. Deep professional cleaning is done prior to opening of facilities, equipment and mats.
2. Professional cleaning is done 4 times a day at regular intervals
3. Some aerobic equipment will be covered as to physically separate members
4. Limit 4 members in the gym at one time please
5. Members only please
6. Sanitizer/wipes will be supplied for our gym – please use frequently
7. Please wipe down your machines/weights/mat after use
8. Fans installed throughout and windows/doors open
9. Some bands, weights, etc will be removed from gym to reduce touch points
10. A staff member will check hourly to make sure rules are followed
11. Sign added to stationed area on important rules
12. Please limit your workout sessions to 45 minutes or under so other members can get a chance to work out.
13. Employees have performed training necessary to follow plan
14. Our Full plan is posted in our gym
We thank you in advance to adhering to these safety rules. Please stay tuned for further updates and as always, we thank you for your membership.
Stay tuned for more updates and as always, we appreciate your membership.
Newport Beach Tennis Club Staff